Celebrate Mom in style this Mother's Day!
Give Mom a unique experience that will create beautiful memories and show her just how thoughtful and creative her family is! We have curated 5 unique ideas to help you give mom the perfect Mother's Day outing, the one who has loved you unconditionally and always has your back!
5 Mother's Day experiences that will melt Mom's heart:
1. Take Mom for a nature day outing!
Pick a gorgeous spot. We recommend heading to the Oregon coast, the Gorge, Sauvie Island, Columbia River, or to a local park. If you want to stay city bound some of our favorite spots are: Mt Tabor, Mary S. Young State Park in West Linn, Portland Japanese Garden, and Sellwood Park.
Impress Mom by your thoughtfulness and plan a complete outing! Grab a backpack or wicker basket, or both, and organize the goods for a successful day. Take her to the most scenic spot you can see at your chosen destination. Walk her to the best and prettiest place to see the area, and give her a deluxe picnic complete with chilled rosé or kombucha. Head to Whole Foods, Market of Choice, or New Seasons and take advantage of their epic prepared foods department and easily put together and exquisite spread for Mom.
Some tips to help you make the day unforgettable:
- pack a lightweight tapestry, table linen, or thin blanket to sit on or brighten up a picnic table
- pack a thermos of hot coffee or tea if it is chilly
- use plastic utensils and paper plates to keep your bags lighter
- bring mom a small surprise gift to give her on the picnic, maybe a sweet necklace, cute sunglasses, or festive hairclip
- set a playlist of her favorite music to enjoy in the car ride
- make her hand-made cards by everyone from immediate family
- take lots of selfies with Mom to cherish the memory!
2. Get sporty with Mom!
Whether Mom plays tennis, rules at soccer, has a yoga practice, gardens like a champ, or loves to head to the professional sports arena, we encourage you to do Mom's favorite sport with her! Think about Mom's favorite activity and set up a date to recreate with her and then head to lunch or out for beers. Again, have fun with mom! Don't make her plan her own day. Think about what she loves to do and set it up. Go big and play hard with mom!
The Portland Timbers are playing at 1pm on Mother's Day this year. If you can't get tickets, head over to Santa Fe Taqueria on 23rd and watch the game there, they'll have drink specials and excellent taqueria food. Maybe Mom likes to dance? Aztec Willies has $5 Salsa nights on Sundays, including Mother's Day.
3. Spa Day!
It's our speciality, of course! Book a spa day for mom, give her a gift certificate, or have her come in for our Royal Escape, created with just for Mom! We have over 50 spa services to choose from, all of which are delivered with a 5-star touch. Click here to learn how you can WIN a our Royal Escape for Mom!
Additional top spa experiences for Mom are:
- Salted Chocolate Massage: She'll love our custom, aromatic warm cocoa butter massage in our salty Halo room!
- Salt & Stone Detox: This amazing spa day treatment combines a salty Himalayan Foot Ritual, Himalayan Hot Stone Age Defying Facial, steam treatment, 60 minute Custom Massage, and a hydrating local kombucha.
- The Zama Mama Prenatal Package: If Mom is expecting, she will truly appreciate our 90 minute Pregnancy Massage combined with 30 minute Eucalyptus foot soak, scrub and massage.
- Tropical Escape Facial: Have her sit back and enjoy a 75 minute tropically inspired facial complete with all the luxury touches.
- Hot Stone & Warm Cocoa Butter Pedicure: This longer, more luxurious pedicure will send Mom to pedicure nirvana! You can image that warm cocoa butter, hot stones, and the most delicious FarmHouse Fresh products will send Mom straight to her happy place!
4. Take Mom out on the town on NE Broadway!
Because we are located on NE Broadway, we have the scoop on the best experiences in the neighborhood. Why not explore the whole area? You can of course take Mom here for excellent luxury spa services, and you can also simply park and take her out on foot to enjoy this unique Portland neighborhood.
- Give Mom an excellent hipster coffee experience at Saint Simon Coffee Co. Located at 2005 NE Broadway St, you'll love their Portland styled atmosphere and high quality coffees. We love their locally brewed chai tea and menu of cold brews!
- Walk with her to our local flower shop Broadway Floral, located at 1638 NE Broadway and put together a gorgeous bouquet stem by stem. They have a truly spectacular flower selection that will make Mom's heart swoon!
- Take Mom for brunch, breakfast, or lunch at the Cadillac Cafe, located at 1801 NE Broadway St. Enjoy DELICIOUS dishes in their festive 50s styled environment. We love their kombucha mocktails and are partial to their Hazelnut French Custard Toast and their Cajun Catfish and Eggs, but really you can't go wrong!
- If Mom likes zestier, south of border style food and drink, then definitely head to Aztec Willies Taqueria, located at 1501 NE Broadway. Their margaritas and salsas have been voted BEST IN THE CITY! All their tortillas are made to order right in front of you. We recommend their aged rib-eye burrito, shrimp ceviché, and fish tacos! The Passion of Argentina is equally spicy, sweet, and tangy and goes perfect with their house chilé verde quesadilla.
- Broadway Books, located at 1714 NE Broadway, is an independent bookstore that has been open since 1992. Come bring Mom to this fun, indy bookstore that features local authors and staff that can direct you all to your next best read!
5. Plant Flowers for Mom!
Instead of giving Mom cut flowers that will perish in a week or two, give her living blooms! Head out to the nursery or garden center closest to Mom and buy some pots, potting soil, and live plants. Or shop for a hanging planter that she can enjoy all season long and think of you every time she waters it. Watering is fun for plant lovers!
Give Mom something ALIVE that she will enjoy they entire season. Maybe you want to weed along her house, sidewalk, or patio and plant some lovely blooms along her walkway! We are pretty sure she would be delighted with some long lasting blooms this season.